Unable to run NCoverExplorer

Unable to run NCoverExplorer

Hi,

I have just downloaded NCover for evaluation purpose. The installation seemed to work, but I can't run NCoverExplorer (error pasted at the end of the message).

What's the problem ? What should I do to make it work ?

Thanks in advance

An unexpected error occurred while running NCoverExplorer:

Version: 2.1.0.0 Date/Time: 09-avr.-2008 08:46:35 Framework loaded: 2.0.50727.1433 Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

System.SystemException: La relation d'approbation entre le domaine principal et le domaine approuvé a échoué.

à System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.TranslateToSids(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Boolean& someFailed) à System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed) à System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) à System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal.IsInRole(String role) à NCoverExplorer.NCoverRunner.UtilityFunctions.GetAdministratorString() à NCoverExplorer.WinForms.Forms.MainForm..ctor(MainFormController controller) à NCoverExplorer.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

RE: Unable to run NCoverExplorer

Nico,

It looks like NCoverExplorer is running without administrative privileges. NCoverExplorer requires administrative privileges to run.

Regards, Stephen Ward

Thanks. Well,

I am running NCoverExplorer under an account that is part of the Administrator group, so it should have all administrative privileges. I installed it on a computer that is part of an entreprise network with active directory and I am using a local account member of Administrator group. Are there specific privileges that I should check ? Our computers are installed following entreprise wide rules, but my local account should have all privileges.

I tried installing NCover on an other computer of our entreprise network under my domain account, and I have the same problem (maybe normal then, because I probably don't have Administrative privileges)

I also tried installing NCover in a virtual machine, and there it works but it's not suitable for my needs, because we want to be able to install it on several developers computers with people logged in with their normal active directory account. If it's not possible, we won't be able to use NCover in our development process.

Nico

Nico,

If UAC is enabled, then even with Administrative privileges enabled, you'll still have to right-click on the icon and select "Run as administrator"

Regards, Stephen Ward

Thanks, but I am running on Windows XP, not Vista, so no UAC as far as I know.

Regards Nico

Does the same error happen when you run NCover.Console?

Stephen

Apparently, NCover.Console seems to work and I have been able to produce a Coverage.xml file for my application. NCoverExplorer is still crashing when trying to run it.

Nico

Stephen, thanks for the patched version you sent me.

I can now run NCoverExplorer and starting to see what benefits we can get from it.

Nico

I am having the same problem - only difference is, that the exception message is in german :/

Running on vista, starting NCoverExplorer.exe as Administrator...

An unexpected error occurred while running NCoverExplorer:

--> Version: 2.1.0.0 Date/Time: 26-Apr-2008 11:06:19 Framework loaded: 2.0.50727.1433 Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6000.0

System.SystemException: Die Vertrauensstellung zwischen dieser Arbeitsstation und der primären Domäne konnte nicht hergestellt werden.

bei System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.TranslateToSids(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Boolean& someFailed) bei System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed) bei System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) bei System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal.IsInRole(String role) bei NCoverExplorer.NCoverRunner.UtilityFunctions.GetAdministratorString() bei NCoverExplorer.WinForms.Forms.MainForm..ctor(MainFormController controller) bei NCoverExplorer.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args) <--

The english version of the exception message is: "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.". That maybe make sense, because right now I am not connected to a domain controller.

Can I also get the "patched version" please?

Best regards Thomas

Thomas,

I sent you a patched version this morning that should fix the problem.

Stephen

Where can I download the patched version to fix the problem? Regards, Mariusz

qualent,

I've emailed you a patched version of the NCover installer that should take care of this problem for you.

Hello, I have also the same bug (Windows XP SP3), could you send me the patch version please ?

fraille,

I've emailed you a patched version of the NCover installer that should take care of this problem for you.

fraille,

The email I sent was rejected by your email server. If you send a request for the updated version to support at gnoso dot com, we'll email it to you.

Hello I have also the same bug (Windows XP), could you send me the patch version please ? Thanks.

I have emailed you a fixed version.

Stephen

Hi, please I need a patched version too. II have the same problem in the same scenario

I have sent a patched version to the email address on your account.

Regards, Stephen Ward

I also have same bug with workstation in domain :( Can you send me fixed version,please ?

I have sent you a fixed version

I got the same exception. Could you send me a patch as well?

I have sent you a fixed version

Hi, I've the same problem on a Windows XP Service Pack 2. Could you send me the patch please?

just download the latest release version (2.1.2) the patch is included

Hi,

I have same problems trying to run NCover with a windows service. I use Windows XP and NCover v 2.0.3

My error message is:

Profiled process terminated. Profiler connection not established. Make sure NCover is running with administrative privileges.

Stack Trace at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.ExecuteProfiler() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Run() at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.Main(String[] args)

NCover.Console ran successfully. NCover.Console returned 0. ****

I tried also the latest version with the NCover and I get:

---- Top level exception: System.Exception No data was collected. at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver._GetCoverageData() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.ExecuteNCover(Int32& profiledAppCode) at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute(Int32& profiledAppCode) at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.RunCoverage(String[] args, IOutputWriter output)

Thanks in advance, Maria

Maria,

Can you send the full output from when you run the latest version of NCover 2 and the command line that you are using to support@ncover.com?

Thanks!