WCF service and IE 6 issues after v2.1.0 install

WCF service and IE 6 issues after v2.1.0 install

I installed v2.1.0.0 of NCover on my WinXP Pro SP2 machine a couple of days ago. I realized the following day that one of our WCF services failed to start. I also noticed that Internet Explorer v6.0.2900.2180 took at least 30 seconds to start when it should only take a few seconds. I spent yesterday patching windows and still had the problem. I did some more research and noticed that running the WCF service from the command line as a regular app, nothing displays on the console for about 25 seconds or so. Usually something displays a few seconds after starting it up. So, I uninstalled v2.1.0.0 of NCover and everything started working fine again including the WCF Service and IE. I had IE open when doing the uninstall and the uninstall said it must be closed to continue.

Do you know why the v2.1.0.0 would affect the operation of WCF Services and IE 6? I'm returning to v2.0.3.0 until more information is provided.

Thanks,

George

RE: WCF service and IE 6 issues after v2.1.0 install

chances are, the profiler dll is getting loaded into the process and is trying to communicate with NCover. When you look at IE or one of the services in Process Explorer, does the NCover.Lib.x86.dll show up in the loaded assemblies list?

Stephen

I think it does. After uninstalling and going back to v2.0.3, I still had issues. My service was blowing up when a second WCF tried to connect. In the debugger, NCover.Lib.x86.dll was the last library on the call stack. If I uninstall NCover completely, then I can run my services again. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

George

Registering the profiler dll only when running NCover should bypass/solve the problem. You'll have to unregister the NCover.Lib.x86.dll by running "regsvr32 /u NCover.Lib.x86.dll" from within the NCover install folder. You'll then have to add the //reg switch to the command line every time you run NCover, but at least that should prevent the profiler from loading when NCover isn't running.

Stephen