Test Results Coming up as 0% Coverage

Test Results Coming up as 0% Coverage

I've just configured NCover to work with CC.Net and I've run into a interesting problem. I run NCover from a Nant Task and specify the commandLineArgs which produces a report. There are two different scenarios. One being when I specify two .dll's which contain unit tests that produces a report saying that there is 0% coverage. The other is that I specify two .dll's that contain the other unit tests from above in them. This produces a report with actual coverage. The only thing being that in the results it is also producing coverage for the test classes. Is this something that I need to add to exclude so they don't appear or is this supposed to happen?

RE: Test Results Coming up as 0% Coverage

cchild,

I'm not sure I completly understand your situation. In the first case

NCover runs and profiles two dlls (I assume you're using the "assemblies" attribute to limit the dlls you wnat coverage on?) that are the dlls your unit tests (but no program code) are in.

and in the second case

NCover runs and profiles two dlls (I assume you're using the "assemblies" attribute to limit the dlls you wnat coverage on?) that call methods in the dlls mentioned above?

Stephen

RE: Test Results Coming up as 0% Coverage

Heh. Sorry, I'm sure someone that has worked with dlls for awhile could have better explained what I was trying to do. I've gotten NCover to produce results so I'm good now. Thanks for the speedy reply.