.NET 2.0 Web Service / Web App

.NET 2.0 Web Service / Web App

Hi,

I tried to do a code coverage on a .NET 2.0 Web Service (named HelloWorld) with NCover 1.5.8, but unfortunately did not work. Can someone please help me on this matter? Did I miss something in the command line? Thanks!!

Here is what I did:

1. Type "ncover.console //iis" in MS-DOS, and get the following message

Command Args: Working Directory: Assemblies: Coverage Xml: Coverage.Xml Coverage Log: Coverage.Log

Stopping IIS Starting IIS The profiler will not connect until you load an ASP.NET page. Press Control-C when you are finished to stop IIS and collect coverage data.

Waiting for profiled application to connect...

1. Execute a suite of functional tests to make requests to the web service

3. Even though the tests showed successful, but the MS-DOS showed the followings, and no Coverage.xml and Coverage.log was generated

Waiting for profiled application to connect...Connected

No value exists with that name.

RE: .NET 2.0 Web Service / Web App

This is a known problem with NCover 1.5.8

To solve it, you must add a value to the following registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

and the value name should be "NCover_Process_Module"

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. I added the registry value as well, but it still is throwing the same error. Is a reboot of the server system required? Any ideas on fixing this?

Thanks, Gaur

BTW, thought some more infor might help. I am also using NCover 1.5.8. I am giving the command "NCover.Console //iis", waiting for IIS to stop and start again, and then trying to navigate through my application. After a few seconds, i see the same error that was previously described.

Thanks, Gaur

you will need to add the registry value every tim NCover is run. add it after NCover prints the "waiting for app to connect" message and before you exercise the IIS application.

Stephen

Thank you, it worked!