v2.1.0 does not show branch coverage after merging

v2.1.0 does not show branch coverage after merging

Hi All,

We are using NCover 2.1.0 to generate code coverage reports. After merging two different reports and generating its Html report, we get N/A for branch coverage. But html report generated for each individual coverage report shows branch coverage. Is there anything I am missing while generating / merging report?

Regards, Abhay

RE: v2.1.0 does not show branch coverage after merging

Abhay,

NCE 2.1 does not support branch coverage. We are planning to support it in the next release.

Stephen

RE: v2.1.0 does not show branch coverage after mer

Thanks Stephen. But I think 1.5.8 NCE was supporting it. When next version of NCE will get released?

NCE 1.5.8 did not support branch coverage. Neither did NCE 1.4. We are planning to release the next version of NCE before September of this year.

Stephen

RE: v2.1.0 does not show branch coverage after mer

Okay. Thanks for the information. I appreciate your quick response.

Branch Coverage in NCover 2.1 Enterprise

According to the NCover feature list (http://www.ncover.com/info/feature_comp), NCover 2.1 Enterprise Edition includes branch coverage. Is this not true? I am evaluating NCover 2.1 EE for a large project, and need to know if branch coverage is actually included. From the messages in the thread, Sporewell is saying that branch coverage is not included in NCover 2.1 EE.

Please respond. Thanks, Jeremy

Jarvis,

NCover (NC) 2.1 Enterprise does include branch coverage, but NCoverExplorer (NCE) Pro and Enterprise has a bug that removes branch coverage during merging, and when viewing coverage files in the GUI. The NCover.Console program does support an HTML report that includes branch coverage.

Stephen

Is the branch-coverage bug fixed in NCE 2.1.2.3433? I am using NCE to generate HTML report after merging all the xml reports, but branch coverage is showing as N/A.

the branch coverage bug has been fixed in v3.0, but has not been fixed in v2.1.2