Problems with NCoverExplorer+MSBuild FailMinimum

Problems with NCoverExplorer+MSBuild FailMinimum

I've tried to use NCoverExplorer.ModuleThresholds in an MSBuild task. I've also set it to FailMinimum to make the task fail if coverage does not meet requirement for assemblies.

The task is part of a Continuous Integration build, and if one or more of the thresholds are not met, the build should fail. The NCoverExplorer task will fail with error code 3. The problem with this is that most members of a team won't know what error code 3 means, and least of all which assembly is not meeting it's required minimum coverage. The task should report the current coverage of the assembly, and the required coverage.

Clover.NET had an excellent NAnt task reporting which namespaces not meeting it's coverage requirement.

We have just installed a trial license of NCover, and I feel I need this feature before buying licenses.

RE: Problems with NCoverExplorer+MSBuild FailMinimum

bsundsbo,

Thank you for your feedback. We will add this feature to the bucket for the next version and do our best to implement it for the next release.

Stephen

RE: Problems with NCoverExplorer+MSBuild FailMinim

Do you know when the next release will be?

I'm used to receiving e-mail notifications from forums when a post has been answered, so I forgot to check back on this forum until now.

/B

Next release is slated for late August/early September

Do you have an update on the next release? Late august/early september have come and gone, and I would like to see a few of the new features

Bjørnar

We are finishing up the release and plan on shipping a beta next week, just before PDC.

Joe

I use TeamCity as my CI server. NCover + TeamCity integration would be very much appreciated.

I came across a forum post where they do a decent job of describing how to integrate build scripts and test suites into TeamCity. Link is here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3143/use-teamcity-to-summarize-mbunit-tests-results-and-include-html-report

As well as the TeamCity documentation here: http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/TCD3/Build+Script+Interaction+with+TeamCity

This could be used from the MSBuild task with i.e. a TeamCityIntegration property on the task. If coverage limits failed, report the details about minimum and current limits to the TeamCity front page.

I have put your suggestion into our feature queue. We will look at it and try to figure out a release schedule for it as soon as possible.

Stephen Ward