NCover 2.1.0 Hanging

NCover 2.1.0 Hanging

Hello,

I upgraded to 2.1.0, but it is hanging when trying to cover an IIS app.

I get these messages below.

Note: this is my command:

"C:\Program Files\NCover\NCover.Console.exe" //reg //w "D:\Clients\GB_v4\bin" //l "Coverage.log" //p "App IIS Testing" //iis

I've had problems before related to symbol paths, but this build was created on the same machine that it's being run on and I've not had problems like this before.

It actually did cover a tiny portion, but the home page never returned when I browsed to localhost. When I turn off NCover and restart IIS, the application works fine.

The log file does not look suspicious to me, but I can email it if that might help?

thanks, Josh

Working Directory: D:\Clients\GB_v4\bin Assemblies:

Program Output Starting Service [World Wide Web Publishing Service]... The profiler will not connect until you load an ASP.NET page. Press Control-C to stop the service and collect coverage data.

Received Control Event: Ctrl_C Stopping Service [World Wide Web Publishing Service] End Program Output

Execution Time: 00:01:55.3876710s Sequence Point Coverage: 1.4% Branch Coverage: 1.0%

Coverage Xml: D:\Clients\Coverage.Xml Coverage Log: D:\Clients\Coverage.log Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y

RE: NCover 2.1.0 Hanging

jgough,

Depending on the size of your web app and how many different dlls the homepage loads, it can take some time to load the first web page because NCover has to instrument every dll that is loaded as it is loaded. Since you got coverage out NCover successfully instrumented at least part of the executing code, so try letting the homepage load for longer -- say 5 minutes -- and see if it returns. You may have to increase the IIS response timeout as well.

Stephen Ward