Exception: Using CruseControl.NET to call nCover

Exception: Using CruseControl.NET to call nCover

I am using CruiseControl.NET to call nCover, and I am recieving the following exception/output. Command: /assemblies BasicTesting /xml:C:\Projects\Server\Simulator\Artifacts\CoverageResults\CoverageReport.log Command Args: Working Directory: Assemblies: Program Output Exception -- Top-level exception (NCover.Framework.ProfilerRuntimeException) The process could not be started. Ensure that it runs outside of NCover.

Does anyone know why I am recieving this error. I have also included the config block in CruiseControl.NET below.

Thanks, Jeremy

My CruiseContrl.NET block: C:\Program Files\Ncover\NCover.Console.exe C:\Projects\Server\Simulator\TheSimulator\ConsoleApplication\BasicTesting\bin\debug "/assemblies BasicTesting /xml:C:\Projects\Server\Simulator\Artifacts\CoverageResults\CoverageReport.log" 10

RE: Exception: Using CruseControl.NET to call nCover

NCover expects to recieve the path to the program to profile on its command line. NCover interprets the first non-NCover specific argument to be that executable, and tries to execute it. To correct the problem, add the application executable path to the beginning of the value.

Stephen

OK. Your right. So, I have changed that xml markup to this, and I am still getting an error.

----------Here is the new nCover block in my config file:------------------- C:\Program Files\Ncover\NCover.Console.exe C:\Projects\Server\Simulator\TheSimulator\ConsoleApplication\BasicTesting\bin\debug C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe /testcontainer:C:\Projects\Server\Simulator\TheSimulator\ConsoleApplication\BasicTesting\bin\debug\BasicTesting.dll //log-file ASDFlog.log 10 ----------------Here is the error that I am getting:--------------------------- Command: C:\Program Command Args: "Files\Microsoft" "Visual" "Studio" "9.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe" "/testcontainer:C:\Projects\Server\Simulator\TheSimulator\ConsoleApplication\BasicTesting\bin\debug\BasicTesting.dll" Working Directory: Assemblies: Program Output Exception -- Top-level exception (NCover.Framework.ProfilerRuntimeException) The process could not be started. Ensure that it runs outside of NCover.

I haven't found any documentation on this error. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jeremy

you need to enclose "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe" in quotes. In general, any NCover argument that includes spaces should be enclosed in quotes.

Stephen