"Could not merge modules"

"Could not merge modules"

The support ticket system seems to be broken (site error) so I'm posting this here:

I encountered a fatal error in NCover v2.1.0 on x86 with Vista.

Ironically it occurred while running an integration test for the new NCover v2 support in Gallio (http://www.gallio.org/).

I have been unable to derive any additional information about the cause of the fault such as the identity of the mysterious static initializer since the method call frames have been optimized out and the method parameters are not available for debugging.

Additional info: The program NCover is profiling uses multiple AppDomains and has XmlSerializers and other dynamically generated code floating around.

[info] Exception [info] [info] -- Top-level exception (System.InvalidOperationException) [info] Could not merge modules, there is a sequence-point mismatch between multiple loads of method [.cctor..cctor() : void [static]] [info] -- Stack Trace [info] at NCover.Framework.CoverageData.MergeMethod(MethodData leftSide, MethodData rightSide) [info] at NCover.Framework.CoverageData.MergeClass(ClassData leftSide, ClassData rightSide) [info] at NCover.Framework.CoverageData.MergeModule(ModuleData leftSide, ModuleData rightSide) [info] at NCover.Framework.CoverageData.MergeMultiplyLoadedModules() [info] at NCover.Framework.CoverageData.MergeDocsWithExistingData(Dictionary2 tempDocs, List1 tempModules) [info] at NCover.Framework.CoverageData.ReadBinary() [info] at NCover.Framework.CoverageData..ctor(INCoverData data) [info] at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver._GetCoverageData() [info] at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute() [info] at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.Main(String[] args)

RE: "Could not merge modules"

I've elevated this to a support ticket (now that the support stuff is working again)

Stephen

Is there any update to on this Post, I am getting the same error!

the latest release (2.1.2) should include a fix for this problem. what version are you running?