Automate Coverage for IIS Site

Automate Coverage for IIS Site

I would like to automate the gathering of coverage data as part of my build process. The problem is I have not found a way yet to launch NCover.console to monitor the unit test execution (i.e. IIS) and then stop when the unit tests are complete. Basically, the build process is all automated with the exception that I launch NCover.Console manually and the press [Ctrl] + [C] at the end in the dos prompt window. Can you tell me how to automate this?

thx, Scott Landon Cincinnati, OH

RE: Automate Coverage for IIS Site

scott,

passing NCover the //iis argument will tell NCover to start IIS and begin monitoring it. you can then use //st to tell ncover to stop coverage after so many seconds, or if you are using a framework to run your tests you can pass the framework's executable on the command line like so (example using nunit)

ncover.console.exe //iis C:\buildtools\nunit\nunit-console.exe C:\project\testme.nunit

RE: Automate Coverage for IIS Site

scott,

passing NCover the //iis argument will tell NCover to start IIS and begin monitoring it. you can then use //st to tell ncover to stop coverage after so many seconds, or if you are using a framework to run your tests you can pass the framework's executable on the command line like so (example using nunit)

ncover.console.exe //iis C:\buildtools\nunit\nunit-console.exe C:\project\testme.nunit