Running ncover for multiple test assemblies

Running ncover for multiple test assemblies

I need to get a Coverage report for multiple test assemblies. I know that this is easy if all the test dlls are in the same working directory. But in my case each test dll is in a different location. Ncover is not able to pick up these assemblies. Consider the below example where the unit test dll and integration test dll are in different locations (location1 and location2 are fully qualified path).

If I use a similar config then I get an error message (Could not load file or assembly x or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.). It would be very helpfull if you could suggest me some solutions.

Thanks HariKrishnan

RE: Running ncover for multiple test assemblies

I guess this is attributed to the nunit-console task. I tried nunit project. That is not helping much either.

the usual method is to have one task that runs your unit tests, and another to run your integration tests. Why do you want to run both at the same time?

Thank you very much for the response. I guess my example was not a good one. My apologies. My requirement is to run a set of existing test dlls against a set of code to get a combined coverage report. I am able to do this if all the test dlls exist in the same directory. But I am not able to run test dlls in different directories together using nunit console arguments.

Thanks again :)

Then it sounds like an NUnit limitation. Have you tried giving Nunit the full path to each dll? (e.g C:\dev\dll1.dll, C:\otherdir\dev\dll2.dll, etc)

Stephen