NCoverExplorer FullTestReport creates an html file

NCoverExplorer FullTestReport creates an html file

NCoverExplorer FullTestReport creates an html file with 266 char file path and can not handle this path length and fail with errorlevel 2. So the FullTestReport is always incomplete because at this time only parts of the report are created by ncover.

Has got everybody an idea about the problem or exist a bug fix for that problem? Can I configure ncoverexplorer to create some compacter html report files? Many thanks for your help and support.

Regards Sascha

RE: NCoverExplorer FullTestReport creates an html file

have you tried placing the FullTestReport in a directory closer to the root?

Hello Sporewell

Maybe a report directory closer to the rood can only solve the problem temporary because the most char. are used by ncover to create the methode and class based report name.
For example look at the following example. The report directory is: W:\XXXXSetup\Tools\build\exportFolder\reports ==> 45 char. The ncover based report name: modules\XXXX.test.unit.components.communication.dma.xxxcommunicationtest_bin_debug_XXXX.test.unit.components.communication.dma.xxxcommunicationtest.dll\XXXX.Test.Unit.Components.Communication.Dma.AdmCommunicationTest.html ==> 221 char.

Can you tell me another workaround?

Many thanks for your support.

Regard Sascha

which version of NCover are you using?

IOW, NCover 2.1 uses a unique hash to name the html files, so it produces shorter file names.

Hallo sporewell

thanks for your support!

At the moment I use Ncover 2.0.3.

I will try the version Ncover 2.1...

Regards Sascha