Exist code documentation

Exist code documentation

Is there any documentation on the exit code that are returned directly or indirectly by the console?

In particular I'm trying to get to the bottom of a why an exit code of 20000 is being returned (and failing my cruise control build).

I'm using 2.1 Enterprise edition.

Thanks Christian

RE: Exist code documentation

20000 is a general fail condition.

Please look at the output from the run to obtain more information about the failure.

Feel free to copy and paste that text to this post for additional help.

Thank you,

NCover Support

Ok will do. I will look into this more myself and then if I don't get far I'll post back here.

C

I am no closer to getting to the bottom of this. I have been unable to give it more than an hour or two of investigation, hence I need you guys to help out.

Here's what I've experienced thus far...

The original error that provided the motivation for this forum post is as follows (extracted from our CruiseControl.Net log):

Target "NCoverSimple": NCover.Console v2.1.0 (Administrator x64) - Code Coverage Analysis for .NET Copyright (c) 2008 Gnoso Inc. http://www.ncover.com Registered to Customer #: 16615 NCover Enterprise Edition (1 User) 21 days left in the trial period. Command: ../tools/nunit/bin/nunit-console.exe Command Args: "D:\ccnet\Eca.Gui\build/..\bin/Debug/Gui.UnitTests/Eca.Gui.UnitTests.dll" Working Directory: D:\ccnet\Eca.Gui\build/..\bin\unitTests Assemblies: Program Output NUnit version 2.5.0.8272 (Alpha-3) Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Charlie Poole.\r\nCopyright (C) 2002-2004 James W. Newkirk, Michael C. Two, Alexei A. Vorontsov.\r\nCopyright (C) 2000-2002 Philip Craig.\r\nAll Rights Reserved. Runtime Environment - OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 CLR Version: 2.0.50727.3053 ( Net 2.0.50727.3053 ) ............N......................................................................................................................................................................................... Tests run: 196, Errors: 0, Failures: 0, Inconclusive: 0 Time: 12.0484941 seconds Not run: 1, Invalid: 0, Ignored: 1, Skipped: 0 Tests Not Run: 1) Ignored : Eca.Gui.UnitTests.BinderExamples.ShouldBeAbleToBindATextBoxModelToATextBox Exception -- Top-level exception (System.Exception) No data was collected. -- Stack Trace at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver._GetCoverageData() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute() at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.Main(String[] args) D:\ccnet\Eca.Gui\build\Eca.Core.NCover.proj (81,5): error MSB6006: "NCover.Console.exe" exited with code 20000.

I then installed the beta 3.0.3.393 version. This was not a smooth upgrade. I had to figure out that the dll 'NCoverExplorer.MSBuildTasks.dll' from the 2.10 has been renamed to 'NCover.MSBuildTasks.dll'.

After fixing our build file to reference the correct dll, I now see the following exception:

Target "NCoverSimple": NCover.Console v3.0.4 (Administrator x64) - Code Coverage Analysis for .NET Copyright (c) 2008 Gnoso Inc. http://www.ncover.com Registered to Customer #: 16615 NCover Enterprise Edition (1 User) 5 days left in the trial period. Command: "C:\Documents and Settings\Cruise-control\Local Settings\Temp\1\tmpA712.tmp.ncoversettings" Command Args: Working Directory: Assemblies: (All Loaded Assemblies) Program Output Exception -- Top-level exception (NCover.Utilities.Exceptions.ProfilerRuntimeException) The process could not be started. Ensure that it runs outside of NCover. -- Stack Trace at NCover.Framework.StartupProfiledProcess._StartProcess() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.ExecuteNCover(Int32& profiledAppCode) at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute(Int32& profiledAppCode) at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.Main(String[] args) -- Inner exceptions The specified executable is not a valid Win32 application. D:\ccnet\Eca.AnnualDinner\build\Eca.Core.NCover.proj (81,5): error MSB6006: "NCover.Console.exe" exited with code 20000.

Not sure whether its helpful in diagnosing the problem but here's an account as best I can remember of how we installed the upgrade of NCover:

1. Installed NCover-x64-3.0.2 and excepted the existing license. I installed the X64 bit version but cannot entirely remember whether I specifically unselected the 32 bit version in the feature tree of the msi installer.
  2. Installed NCover-x64-3.0.3.3299 and excepted the existing license. I installed the X64 bit version and explicitly unselected the 32 bit version in the feature tree.

Hope this helps. Unfortunately I have very limited time to spend on resolving this problem as we have loads of work on at the moment. This means that unless you and I can get to the bottom of this in the next day or two (with minimal work my end!), we're going to have to stop using NCover. This is very bad thing for us as test coverage is a vital statistic in our effort of transitioning to agile.

Thanks Christian

Ok. You should transfer back to using NCover 2.1 as the build tasks are not fully tested and updated in v3.0, and we are working on several known issues with them, lack of documentation being one of them.

Assuming then that NCover 2.1 has been re-installed, the "No data collected" message indicates that NCover is not connecting to Nunit and hence cannot collect coverage data. Suggestions: 1) run "regsvr32 Ncover.lib.x64.dll" from "C:\program files\ncover\" directory. The cmd prompt that runs the command needs administrative privileges. 2 Use "RegisterforUser=true" in the build task