nCover with webdev.webhost - is it possible?

nCover with webdev.webhost - is it possible?

I am going a wee bit googlee eyed trying to find someone else who has done this...

I have a website which runs on webdev.webhost and makes use of two ASP.NET services. I am autobuilding the code using CruiseControl and am using Selenium to do automated functional testing.

Is it possible to have nCover report on the code coverage of the functional tests?

Any suggestions and or references to turotials or examples will be most appreciated.

Thanks, Dave.

RE: nCover with webdev.webhost - is it possible?

yes, NCover should work with webdev.webhost. Treat webdev as an executable (you may have to use //pm) when looking for NCover tutorials. If you can provide specifics on your setup (how you're calling webdev, where you're starting it from, etc) then I'd be glad to help you get NCover set up.

For your setup, you would start NCover, giving it the exe path to webdev.webhost and provide whatever other arguments webdev.webhost needs, then start selenium as a separate process.

Stephen

RE: nCover with webdev.webhost - is it possible?

So we are transferring testing from localhost to a test server - so now instead of having the code run on webdev.webhost it will be running on IIS. I am going to follow the instructions found in the how to: "Profiling ASP.NET Applications Running on IIS with NCover".

In case anyone finds this useful... the two ASP.NET services were started via Visual Studio, and Selenium was started using a .bat file. Tests were then run through Visual Studio.

Thanks again for the reply. Dave.