NCover, NUnit, and dlls

NCover, NUnit, and dlls

I'm using an old version of NCover (1.5.8) under TestDriven to run unit tests on a project that only consists of dlls. One dll contains the unit tests and the other contains the code to be tested.

The unit tests run OK, but when I try to Test with Coverage the Explorer window comes up with a status message of Root element is missing.

This project has no main function. From what I'm able to determine that is why NCover is not working for me.

If I upgrade to the paid version, will I be able to test my dlls?

I tried the trial version of Beta 3 but it caused a BSOD on my computer.

RE: NCover, NUnit, and dlls

the "root element is missing" message has nothing to do with the lack of a "main" method. could you email a (zipped) coverage.xml with the problem to support at gnoso?

I thought I'd run the NCover test from TestDriven just like I did yesterday several times. To supply a "fresh" version of Coverage.xml

Well, it worked this time. You must have a magic touch.

But it looks like NCover won't be as useful to me as I hoped for this application. I have one dll in managed C++ that calls another dll that is in unmanaged C. The C code eventually is going to be embedded code; the CPP shell is just a test harness.

NCover doesn't seem to get into the unmanaged code. It makes sense, now that I think about it, but still is disappointing.

yes, NCover does not cover unmanaged (native) code.