HTML reports integrated in CC.NET build dashboard

HTML reports integrated in CC.NET build dashboard

This concerns NCover 2.1.

I have CC.NET and NCover working well already, I'm happy with all xsl-transform reports using NCover.xsl and NCoverExplorer.xsl. Very nice. Getting that to work is not my problem.

The goal Now I want to integrate also the HTML-report into the build server dashboard so it can be browsed from there with all the fancy code line coloring. This would allow managers and developers to share a prepared single view on detailed code coverage just by browsing a URL, without the need to install, compile and/or run any tools locally.

So far the build script creates an HTML-report and copies it to the build output directory, no problem.

The problem How do I get it into the build report?

• I can't merge the HTML-report into the build xml file ... and emit w xpath from xsl ... I suppose, or is that possible?

• And I can't just link to it either, because ... well, what would be the relative path?

It would seem trivial. Anybody have a clue on how to do it?

RE: HTML reports integrated in CC.NET build dashboard

yeah, html reports in CC.NET do pose an interesting problem.

I suggest copying the html report to somewhere web-accessable to the CC.net website. for example, if cc.net is located at \ccnet\ and is web-accessable at http://ccnet.company.com (which maps to \ccnet) then stick the reports in \ccnet\reports\\

Then have your cc.net build script emit xml that contains the buildnumber and relative path; something like

which gets transformed into:

then stick the xml and the xsl you created in the appropriate places in your cc.net directory.

Awesome answer, thanks!

Did this and now have it up and running, just what I needed.

PS. I'm willing to share snippets of my solution. However, all tag attributes disappeared when I previewed my post including them making the snippets useless (tried code/pre/etc). If there a way to post full snippets (XML-file template, NAnt target, XSL-file etc), let me know.

yeah, we're working on showing tags correctly. I need to check w/ the web team, but I think it will be fixed when the new website rolls out.