NCover and TypeMock

NCover and TypeMock

I'm trying to use NCover together with NUnit and TypeMock. When I run simple NAnt script that starts typemock and runs ncover , the tests (including those dependent on TypeMock) are executed successfully , but then I get

[ncover] Exception [ncover] [ncover] -- Top-level exception (System.Exception) [ncover] No data was collected. [ncover] -- Stack Trace [ncover] at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver._GetCoverageData() [ncover] at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute() [ncover] at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.Main(String[] args) [ncover]

BUILD FAILED

c:\TeamCityTools\nant-0.86-beta1\bin\test1.build(43,6): External Program Failed: C:\Program Files\NCover\NCover.Console.exe (return code was 20000)

NAnt script:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

RE: NCover and TypeMock

what is the script you use for running NCover (arguments and commands)

XML was corrupted by forume engine. Sorry.Escaped < and > chars:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <project name="prj" default="test"> <property name="nunit" value="c:\Program Files\NUnit 2.4.7\bin\nunit-console.exe" /> <property name="ncover.dir" value="C:\Program Files\NCover\" /> <property name="typemock.dir" value="c:\Program Files\Typemock\Isolator\5.2" />

<target name="test"> <loadtasks assembly="${typemock.dir}\TypeMock.NAntBuild.dll" /> <loadtasks assembly="${ncover.dir}\Build Task Plugins\NCoverExplorer.NAntTasks.dll" /> <typemockstart target="2.0" link="NCover2.0" profilerlaunchedfirst="true" /> <ncover program="${ncover.dir}\NCover.Console.exe" commandLineExe="${nunit}" commandLineArgs="My.tests.dll" registerProfiler="false"/> <typemockstop /> </target> </project >

your script looks ok, there might be something wrong w/ the NCover config.

Do your tests run (but fail) when you use just NCover w/o typemock?

Yes without typemock ncover does not fail, but typemck dependent tests fail

You should contact the Typemock people about this issue.

All of the NCover settings are correct.

Hope this helps.

Joe