NullReferenceException: producing ncover-reports

NullReferenceException: producing ncover-reports

Currently I'm evaluating NCover for my company and I already made it to a working ncover.console which produces some xml (and it took me about 3 days so far). The resulting coverage.xml is about 50 MB huge (the community version isn't even able to produce such a coverage.xml - it terminates with an IOException) and now I want to produce some coverage Reports but coverage.report.exe terminates just after loading with an NullReferenceException (You may find the stack trace below). Is there any chance for a path for this problem? 'Cause we want the assurance that ncover is working before we invest!

Thanks a lot in advance, Daniel

[Output from ncover.reporting] -- Top-level exception (System.Exception)

An error occurred while loading your coverage file: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. (translation: ~Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

-- Stack Trace bei NCover.Framework.Reports.ReportingProcessor.Process() bei NCover.Reporting.ReportMain.Main(String[] args)

RE: NullReferenceException: producing ncover-reports

I would have to see some of the additional commands passed to the application to determine what is causing the issue.

We can also create a support ticket for you so we can track the issue down for you.

If you email support@ncover.com with a zipped copy of the coverage file and the switches you used with NCover.reporting, I can get you a response by tomorrow.

Thank you, Joe Feser

RE: NullReferenceException: producing ncover-reports

Thank you, joe.feser!

I got help by mail from your supportteam. And for all the others of you reading and searching these forum: Keep an eye on your Commandline Arguments. Infact, my Problem was using wrong, deprecated arguments, copied form an ealier project to prevent myself from messing up with the bunch of Options....

Daniel