NCover Community GUI

NCover Community GUI

Hi All,

Are there any restrictions/legal issues if I'd create a frontend for the NCover Community Edition? I know that there are tools like testdriven.net available. But I'd like to know what the requirements are if I'd want to put my own tool out there (either for free or for a small amount of money).

Thanks for your help!

RE: NCover Community GUI

NCoverExplorer 1.4 is a decent frontend for the community edition and is freely available here: http://www.kiwidude.com/blog/2007/09/ncoverexplorer-v140.html

Thanks for your reply, sporewell.

Thing is though that i created my own frontend and was curious to find out what the restrictions are (if there are any) to put it out on the web to make it accessible to other users.

Inga

I sent a copy of your question to our legal guy yesterday, I'll try to light a fire under him today and see if he can quickly get you an answer.

I talked to the legal guy and he said that you can publish and distribute an NCover community edition UI as long as you don't charge for it. If you do charge for the program, then you would have to pay licensing fees to NCover.

Thanks a lot for your answer, sporewell! Really appreciate your help with this!

Thanks again,

Inga