Include Filter combinations

Include Filter combinations

Suppose I have a huge project with many assemblies. I'd like to include everything from the assemblies I own, and include one namespace from a shared web project:

Assembly (MyProject1|MyProject2) true True Namespace MyProject3.Web.UI.Admin.* true True

My problem is that code will be excluded unless both include filters are matched. I would expect code to be included if any one filter matches.

Is this a bug or a design decision? Can we have a switch that specifies which mode the report should operate in? Include filters are unusable until we have a fix for this.

RE: Include Filter combinations

We process include files and then exclude filters. I am not a regex wizard but as long as the first regex matches a string correctly, it would be included. I think we also perform a case insensitive search.

I think the bug in 3.0.18 may be it is attempting to perform an exact match including the signature.

Can you see if (MyProject1.|MyProject2.) fixes your issue.

I can also send you a pre release version.

Can you email your coverage file and your script to support and I can look at it for you?

Thanks

Joe

I think the problem is more specifically in how different filter types are combined. In my example, I was trying to match either anything in an assembly named x, or anything in namespace y.

If I switch the filters to both match by namespace, it works as expected.

I can sort of see why you would want both an assembly and namespace filter to match in order to include a piece of code, but it wasn't immediately intuitive.

Our solution is to only match on namespaces.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

We are still looking at this issue but my hunch is since you told us to only include a namespace in that second assembly but not the assembly itself, the namespace is not included.

The objects are tree based, so a child can't be included unless it's parent is.

We are looking at changing this behavior in a future release.

With your first example, try including the assembly of that item that you wish to just include the namespace.

Joe