Not getting coverage report when executed from QTP

Not getting coverage report when executed from QTP

Hi,

I am note getting the coverage report when I execute the tests with QTP, but I am able to get the coverage we execute the test manual. The Error I am getting is "Unable to open coverage file(s) coverage.xml. MAke sure the file(s) exists and are valid".

I am using the _NT_Symbol_Path environmaental variable

Thanks, Prashanth

RE: Not getting coverage report when executed from QTP

Prashanth,

I sent a document to your email address on file providing a QTP sample.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Joe

Hi,

I also face the same issue. I am not getting coverage reports when i run QTP scripts. When i run manually i get the report. Please send the document on file providing a QTP sample to me.

Sent

We are evaluating code coverage tools for use with Quicktest Pro (QTP). Can NCover be used to measure code coverage when running automated test suites with QTP?

Yes we do support QTP, please find the document here:

http://docs.ncover.com/how-to/running-ncover-with-your-unit-testing-framework/quick-test-pro/

Joe

Coverage report always same, even added many TCs

Hello All, I need one help from your end. Ours is .Net project web based.

For code coverage we have integrated QTP10.0 with nCover tool.

Initially we ran two regression suite with qtp, we got ncover result as,. say 5.75%

Later we automated many features and added to the same regression suite and ran the qtp with ncover.

we got same 5.7+ % only. Any idea, what is going wrong or how to overcome this.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Suresh.M surmatrix@yahoo.com

Hi surmatrix,

Thanks for posting.

NCover basically watches your tests as they run and reports on them.

Can you verify that there is different code being tested by QTP in the new regression suite?

Is it possible that there are NCover exclusions that are filtering out the new code?

NCover Support

Hello Rhinson,

Thanks for your response. Can you share your email id please (surmatrix@yahoo.com)

Whenever we added new regression suits for automation with nCover run, parallely our developement of new features -coded will be added to the repository-this new features we will test manually and no code coverage is used. The new code we will automate only in next release not in current. Because new code will be tested manualy, once become stable we will automate those and will be added for codecoverage.

In this sutiuation, we will run the existing regression on the new code.

in this case will the % will remains or reduce or any chance of increase. your early response will be much appreciated.

thanks Suresh

Hi surmatrix,

My e-mail is support@ncover.com.

Thanks for the additional info. The important thing to remember is that NCover can only profile code that is loaded, either through manual testing, a test runner, scripts, etc.

So, if you add features and then test them manually, or with a QTP script, then NCover should see any code that is exercised and profile it.

You might try having NCover profile your tested application directly and leave QTP out of the profiling chain, to see if you get different results.

In other words, have NCover start your tested application, then run the QTP scripts on your app, but don't make QTP part of the coverage.

Does this make sense?

Best regards,

Rhinson

Thanks for your mail,

To continue with previous issue, today we tried the following.

From DOS (command) Prompt we ran the following command which will invoke the QTP, and we manually select the script and click RUN. Immediately we close the QTP and check the command prompt, i.e without doing any run of automated test cases, just closed the QTP.

? NCover.Console.exe //x "C:\coveragewithdebugfiles.xml" "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\QTPro.exe

Ncover started profiling in the beginning and ended with profile ended.

C:\Program Files\NCover>NCover.Console.exe //x "C:\coveragewithdebugfiles.xml" "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\QTPro.exe NCover Complete v3.4.18.6937 x86 (Administrator) Copyright (c) 2007 - 2010 Gnoso Inc. License Key: O6NUEKPW3LDC9N55 Registered to Customer #: 63257 for 6 Machines

Command: "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\QTPro.exe" Command Args: Working Directory: Assemblies: (All Loaded Assemblies)

Program Output Process 'QTPro' [PID 4628] has begun profiling. Process 'QTPro' [PID 4628] has finished profiling.

End Program Output

Execution Time: 52.5852 s Symbol Coverage: 34.65% Branch Coverage: 5.75% ? here this figure remains same even immediately closing the QTP and after running several automated Test cases.

Coverage File: C:\coveragewithdebugfiles.xml

Need Solution : How to increase the Branch coverage : from 5.75% ?

Without QTP, how to start the ncover for manual testing to profile it, we are getting some error.

Your help is much appreciated,

Do you have any tool where I can share my desktop to share the Config details.