Query about Trend files

Query about Trend files

Hi, I started working on NCover Explorer 3.0.22 today and learning NCover through the documentation that is availabe.

When I generate report in NCover, the trend files are not being displayed. It says 'load a trend file to see a trend data in this chart'. From NCover Explorer Configuration -> Output options i have given the ouput file for trend data, but i am not sure how to load it.

Please adive and help. Thanking you

RE: Query about Trend files

We have answered your support case, thank you.

Hi Joe, since I have the same exact problem, would you like to post the answer in the forum?

Thanks

to load a trend file, you should be able to click the "load trends" button in NCE after a coverage file is loaded and then the trends should display (you may have to select a different class to make the trend display refresh). What's happening for you now?

Hi SporeWell, thanks for your reply. I generated two runs in order to see the coverage trend. Then I loaded the trend file using the button but still nothing is displayed (There is always the message "Load a trend file to see trend data in this chart"). Please note that the trend file is around 30Mb. What can I check?

Thanks

are there any failing tests?

No, I don't have any failing tests. In any case, when the coverage ends, NCover exits with an error code of 1. Coverage file and trend file is generated correctly. Maybe does it help?

Thanks

Error code of one could state that a test has failed.

If you go look in the trend file for an

Node, see if the failed element is true on all of the items. If it is, then there is no trend data to display.

We have added additional functionality in the next release that allows you to toggle this option.

If you email support, we can send you a link to the latest nightly build.

Jo

Hi Joe, you're right, all the nodes had a failed element. This is quite a strange thing, since I hadn't any failing test (all were successfull). In any case I'll follow your advice.

Thanks