"NCover.Console.exe" exited with code -100 error

"NCover.Console.exe" exited with code -100 error

I have configured NCover in cruisecontrol setup. In the reporting part there is one peculiar problem. If I keep continueonerror=true everything works fine, if I make it “false”, then build breaks throwing “MSBUILD : warning MSB6006: "NCover.Console.exe" exited with code -100”. Any help on this is appreciable.

RE: "NCover.Console.exe" exited with code -100 error

I have responded to the email you sent to support.

Hi, Im going through a similar problem, where in NCover console crashes while running unit test coverage , the only thing that I find in detailed logs is

At least one test failed under code coverage in AAA.dll , (return code was -100) Can someone please help? One thing important to note is that the same test passes if run independently via NUnit.

RE: "NCover.Console.exe" exited with code -100 err

the -100 error code means that 100 tests failed. Newer version s of NCover include this information in the output. Exactly what causes the test to fail when run under NCover + Nunit is going to vary from case to case, but we have seen issues where NCover's instrumentation reveals latent race conditions in the codebase.

I get the same thing using the 64bit edition of NCover, pointing to the 64bit edition of NUnit console, all my test pass if ran with the console or GUI of NUnit:

nunit-console.exe is returning exit code #-100 NUnit encountered an unexpected error. Check the console output and the error log for more details.

By the way, it says to check the log file (which should be relative to the working directory), however that log file is never even created.

All I have to go off of is this error code, not looking like a great start considering this is the first hour of my trial period with it.

sbid,

Sorry that you are having some trouble. Perhaps I can help pull this log file out. When you run your coverage, are you running from NCover Explorer or from the command line with NCover.Console.exe?

To generate an NCover log, you can simply do a //l [file path] //ll "Verbose" from the command line. In NCover Explorer, you can select the check box that asks for generating a log file in the Project Actions > Project Options dialog. Once you have generated and located the log file, please send it to me at support@ncover.com and I can take a look. Thanks.

sbid,

Out of curiosity, have you recently upgraded to a newer version of .NET? Also, on the command line I just sent, you'll want to include that //l and //ll with your regular call to NCover. So ncover.console.exe [nunit.exe] //x //l //ll.