External Program Failed..

External Program Failed..

Hi,

I'm calling ncover from a nant script and get this error which ultimately appears in the cruise control build report:

External Program Failed: D:\Dev\Build\tools\NCover\NCover.Console.exe (return code was 1)

Would anyone know what this could be? Or what I could try to work it out?

Thanks heaps
Frudd

RE: External Program Failed..

I'm having the same problem. What does return code 1 mean?

Thanks for posting to the forum! Your issue is a common one. NCover returns the same exit code as the program being analyzed, so in many cases a return code of 1 means that your unit tests failed.

I would recommend looking at NCover's output to see if one of your unit tests did in fact fail. If it didn't, please post the NCover output from NAnt so that we can determine what went wrong.

If for any reason you don't wish to post the NCover output to the forum, please forward it to support@gnoso.com and reference forum topic 255 in your email, and we'll troubleshoot the problem privately.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if there is any other way in which we can assist you. Thanks for using NCover.

m facing the same problem can u plz fix it i hv to complete my work asap the error was BUILD FAILED - 1 non-fatal error(s), 1 warning(s) C:\Downloads\image_manipulation\default.build(135,4): External Program Failed: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\csc.exe (return code was 1)

sum of da lines frm code Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. C:\Documents and Settings\Sakina>cd Desktop C:\Documents and Settings\Sakina\Desktop>nant compile The system cannot find the path specified. C:\Documents and Settings\Sakina\Desktop>cd \ C:>cd C:\Downloads\image_manipulation] The system cannot find the path specified. C:\Downloads\image_manipulation>nant NAnt 0.86 (Build 0.86.2898.0; beta1; 12/8/2007) Copyright (C) 2001-2007 Gerry Shaw http://nant.sourceforge.net Buildfile: file:///C:/Downloads/image_manipulation/default.build Target framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

[include] C:\Downloads\image_manipulation\default.build(48,6): [include] Build file 'C:\Downloads\topcoder_global.build' does not exist. compile: [mkdir] Creating directory 'C:\Downloads\image_manipulation\classes'. C:\Downloads\image_manipulation\default.build(136,5): Element <includes... /> fo r <sources... /> is deprecated. Use element instead. [csc] Compiling 26 files to 'C:\Downloads\image_manipulation\classes\TopCo der.Util.Image.dll'. [csc] c:\Downloads\image_manipulation\src\csharp\main\TopCoder\Util\Image\ Transformations\Basic\ScaleTransformation.cs(46,20): error CS0548: 'TopCoder.Uti l.Image.Transformations.Basic.ScaleTransformation.Width': property or indexer mu st have at least one accessor [csc] c:\Downloads\image_manipulation\src\csharp\main\TopCoder\Util\Image\ Transformations\Basic\ScaleTransformation.cs(68,20): error CS0548: 'TopCoder.Uti l.Image.Transformations.Basic.ScaleTransformation.Height': property or indexer m ust have at least one accessor [csc] c:\Downloads\image_manipulation\src\csharp\main\TopCoder\Util\Image\ Transformations\Basic\ScaleTransformation.cs(87,21): error CS0548: 'TopCoder.Uti l.Image.Transformations.Basic.ScaleTransformation.KeepAspectRatio': property or indexer must have at least one accessor BUILD FAILED - 1 non-fatal error(s), 1 warning(s)

C:\Downloads\image_manipulation\default.build(135,4): External Program Failed: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\csc.exe (return code was 1) Total time: 4.4 seconds.