Merging not working properly?

Merging not working properly?

I'm using VS2005 in combination with Nunit.

We have three categories of unit-tests; plain unittests, unittests that require a database present and integration tests. All three unit-tests are executed as a seperate target in MSBuild.

In the end I want to merge the 3 seperate results into 1 file. If I merge the ncover log files in order A-B-C I get a grand total of 53% coverage. If I merge them in order C-B-A I get a grand total of 51% however!

This seems to be the same case as the ones below: http://www.ncover.com/forum/show_topic/10 http://www.ncover.com/forum/show_topic/296

Are there any plans to fix this apparently long-standing issue, or are there workarounds available?

RE: Merging not working properly?

What version of NCover are you using.

v3.0.20 has a few fixes for merging. Do you have filters on your coverage files? If so you are going to want to use the //mfm Destructive flag.

The posts you sent are for v1.5.8 and 2.0.

If this does not work, can you email support with a zip file of your coverage reports and I will look at them.

Joe

I first had this issue in 1.5.8 and downloaded the 3.0.20 trial to see if it is still present. I am not using any filters.

As suggested, I will contact support.

Thank you for your files.

The profiler is v1.5.5 but that should not make a difference.

Thank you,

Joe Feser

hi all,

we have been using NCover 3.0.22 but had to switch back to 3.0.15 because merging worked differently in the newer version. We usually run several NUnit Tests and produce appropriate coverage output files. When importing the coverage files, somehow any one namespace occured twice and got not merged as it did with the lower version. Any help or hints are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Peter Brightman

Peter,

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. If you send a zipped version of the coverage files to support I'll look into it.

Stephen

hi Stephen,

thanks for your reply. I'd like to send you the coveragefiles of course, but i doubt this will be possible due to highly confidential project, but i will check this. I thought about that maybe this issue is a known problem, however the older version works fine regarding merging.

Peter

Peter,

we've fixed a couple bugs in the merge algorithm between 3.0.18 and 3.0.22, and we made the merge handle v1.5.8 style merges as well, but we're unaware of any bugs. If you can send us the coverage files that's obviously the fastest way to figure out what's happening, but if you can't, could you describe the behavior you're seeing? What makes you think the merge in 3.0.18 is wrong?

Stephen