We are pleased to announce the release of NCover 3.0.20! This release includes many bug fixes and several new features that we've spent a long time crafting to make using NCover easier and simpler. If you're creating a lot of reports you'll especially appreciate the new //or argument in NCover.Reporting that lets you create multiple reports without re-processing your coverage files.
Also new in this version is our customer improvement data collection feature. NCover.Console, NCover.Reporting, and NCover Explorer all gather anonymous memory and performance statistics while they run and report that data to us so we can know how NCover performs in the wild and address problems before they are problems. The data collection program is opt-out, and another blog post will explain how to opt-out of the process for now.
Features and Improvements
- Allow for unlimited number of reports to be created using the //or flag.
- Added new //mfm argument to NCover.Reporting to permit different merge behaviors when merging coverage files.
- Decreased memory usage when merging coverage files by 30-40%.
- Added MethodModule and MethodModuleNamespace reports to the Complete edition.
- Added new sample console application and getting started guide to demonstrate how to perform code coverage on a console application.
- Added new NUnit sample application and getting started guide to demonstrate how to perform code coverage using NUnit.
- Added new WPF sample application and getting started guide to demonstrate how to collect code coverage on a windows application.
- Added new MSBuild and MSTest sample application and getting started guide to demonstrate how to use NCover with MSTest and MSBuild.
- Changed merging to allow you to reproduce the merge behavior of NCover 2.1. See the new //mfm argument documentation.
- Deprecated the //r and //rf arguments. These arguments are now combined in the //or argument. Functionality will still be available until NCover 4 ships.
- Fixed state problems in NCover Explorer that prevented NCover from covering IIS or services.
- Fixed bug with assembly filters. The value was fully qualified and not the assembly name. You will no longer need to add .* to the end of the Regex.
- Fixed bug with assembly thresholds containing patterns. Also fixed an issue with the assembly name being fully qualified.
- Fixed incorrect output being displayed when NCover classic when attempting to use a Complete report.
- Fixed bug for smaller reports written to the same location of a larger report did not truncate correctly.
- Fixed bug on the filters screen.
- NCover Explorer is more responsive when displaying output from the covered application.